Sunday, January 17, 2010
Damn Polic Check
Late last year, I was doing this volunteer thing where I go to elementary schools and help out on musical theatre workshops. This year, I'm getting small homourariums to do it, and because that technically counts as getting paid, I had to submit to a police check. Now, I have never committed a crime, and wouldn't even think of doing something that would bar me from working with kids. But paperwork can be a pain in the ass. Case in point, in the time that has passed since I filled the form out, the laws on police checks has changed. I'm not quite sure what the story is, but it's sitll not complete. I wasn't able to go in last week. But my boss Donna has talked to the schools so they'll let me in tomorrow and Wednesday anyway. What a pain in the butt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment